TRANSLOGIX provides the entire complex of customs clearance services for fruit, vegetables, fresh category products.
(Source: Lori image bank)
PECULIARITIES OF CUSTOMS CLEARANCE OF VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
- Specifics of defining a TN VED TS (Customs Union Commodity Classification of Foreign Economic Activity) code is caused by the seasonality, grading and specific parameters, application area of commodity.
- So fresh apples can be used for nutrition or for cider production; potatoes can be used for starch production or for nutrition, etc.
- Need to observe prohibitions and restrictions of technical nature (certificates and declarations of conformity to technical regulations’ requirements)
- Need to undergo phytosanitary inspection – goods must be accompanied by an export phytosanitary certificate
- Customs clearance of fresh category products requires Rosselkhoznadzor (Russian Agricultural Supervision) representatives to be present at the customs station. This fact causes the necessity of a careful choice of the Customs Unions’ border crossing point and a place of customs clearance (customs station).
- To confirm a low value, the price monitoring of various product types and the ability to operate with foreign trade statistics data of various countries are required.
DUTY RATES FOR VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
- Depending on commodity type, the computation of the amount of payable customs duties and taxes is based on the customs value of goods and/or their physical characteristic in natural terms (quantity, weight taking account of commodity’s primary package which is inseparable from commodity until its consumption and in which commodity is presented to retail sale, volume, or other characteristic)
- Depending on a TN VED TS (Customs Union Commodity Classification of Foreign Economic Activity) code, a VAT rate of 10% or 18% is applied
WHEN IMPORTING FRESH FRUIT AND VEGETABLES TO RUSSIA, ATTENTION SHOULD BE PAID TO:
- Customs clearance times
Customs clearance times for fresh fruit and vegetables must be minimal because vegetables, fruit, and fresh products are perishable goods. Customs clearance times usually are from several hours to one-two days, depending on applied control measures.
- Maintenance of temperature conditions
During customs clearance and transportation of fresh products it is required to observe certain temperature conditions. Goods carried by sea transport vehicles are transported in refrigerated containers and connected to power supply for the time of customs clearance at a terminal. Goods transported by land are in a refrigerated truck the whole way of transportation and during customs clearance.
- Phytosanitary control
Fruit and vegetables are subject to obligatory phytosanitary control. Depending on the level of phytosanitary risk, different phytosanitary control measures are applied to goods and may comprise:
- Documentary checking;
- Examination of transport vehicles;
- Examination or inspection of quarantinable products – in regard to products with a high phytosanitary risk, randomly, taking account of the phytosanitary risk management system;
- Conformation of the customs value
To minimize the time of customs clearance of vegetables and fruit, it is necessary in advance to prepare a package of documents to confirm the declared customs value.
Decision by the Customs Union Commission No. 318 dated 18th June 2010
On the ensuring of plant quarantine in the Customs Union
Decision by the Customs Union Commission No. 880 dated 9th December 2011
On the adoption of the technical regulations of the Customs Union ‘On food products safety’
Decision by the Customs Union Commission No. 881 dated 9th December 2011
On the adoption of the technical regulations of the Customs Union ‘In regard to food products marking’
Entrust TRANSLOGIX specialists with the logistics of fresh fruit and vegetables!
Call +7 812 313-56-33
Or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer you before long.